The Vermont JumpStart Coalition is a non-profit, all-volunteer Board of professionals who have joined together to improve the personal financial literacy skills of Vermont’s youth. The Vermont Coalition is a branch of the National Jump$tart Coalition. We are funded by individuals and organizations who support our mission
The Vermont JumpStart mission is: To improve the financial literacy skills of Vermont’s youth.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Train educators and other professionals through an annual statewide conference held in the fall of each year.
- Provide programs at events such as Dabble Day/Family Fun Day and other out of school settings.
- Provide speakers to classrooms and other settings when requested.
- Provide educational resources and tools
- Recognize teachers and/or other professionals who have shown outstanding leadership in financial literacy.
- Sponsor a Vermonter to attend the National Jump$tart Conference.
- Work with the Governor’s office to do a proclamation proclaiming April as Financial Literacy Month.
- Work with the VT State Treasurer’s Office on the Treasury Cup.
- Promote financial education by educating legislators at the State House Financial Literacy Day.
- Advocate through the use of personal contacts, coalition partners, social and public media.
- Raise funds needed through requests, grants and an annual Golf Tournament held in August.
The Vermont State Board of Education in January of 2018 approved the JumpStart national personal finance standards for K-12.
Education: State Conference, out of school events, provide speakers, recognize outstanding leadership and identify resources and tools. Work with VT State Treasurer’s Office
Advocacy: Financial Literacy Month Proclamation and State House Financial Literacy Day
Fundraising: Request funds from individuals and organizations, write grants and Golf Tournament
Public Awareness: Work on the website and other electronic platforms, work with Media, and promote Financial Literacy Month (April)
Organization: Board development
More details for Programs & Collaborations can be found HERE