Vermont Jump$tart Coalition Programs
- Educational Training for teachers in grade K-12 and other professionals. Each year an educational conference provides resources and tools for teaching financial skills. This provides an opportunity for attendees to network with other teachers.
- A Scholarship is provided to a teacher to attend the National Jump$tart Conference.
- The Financial Literacy Champion Award recognizes an individual or group that has advanced financial literacy in Vermont.
- Resources and information can be found on the Jump$tart website vtjumpstart.org
- Financial Literacy Day at the State House is a program to inform the legislators and others about the importance of learning about personal financial skills.
- Financial Literacy Mouthy is in April. A number of actives are done including the Governor singes a proclamation proclaiming April as Financial Literacy Mouthy.
Vermont State Treasurer’s Office
The Treasury Cup is a quiz competition on economics, personal finance & consumer affairs for High School students. VT Jump$tart provides volunteers and financial support.
- On the State House Financial Literacy Day, the Treasurer’s Office recognizes the winners of their Reading as an Investment Program and Poster Contest. VT Jump$tart has an information table in the State House to help the Legislators become aware of the issue around financial literacy.
- Working with the Governor’s Office to proclaim April as Financial Literacy Month. VT Jump$tart prepares the proclamation and the Governor signs it at the VT State Treasurer’s State House Financial Literacy Day event.
Vermont Agency of Education
- In 2017 the National Jump$tart Standers were adopted to be used in the state.
- Staff from the Agency work on the Jump$tart Educational Conference by providing expertise and workshops.
Early Childhood Groups
- Community Day like Dabble/Family Fun Day is for children age 0-K. The day provides a wide verity of actives for children. VT Jump$tart has activities about learning to recognize numbers and learn to save for thing education past high school. VSAC provides piggy banks as prizes for the events.
- At Conferences, VT Jump$tart can provide workshops and/or an information table.
- Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC) administers the Vermont Higher Education Investment Plan (VHEIP).
- The Vermont Bankers Association is a founding partner of VT Jump$tart. They provided staff expertise and office space.
- Banks throughout the state have provided grants and Board Members
- Credit Unions throughout the state have provided grants and Board Members
- CPA firms have provided